



Ok, so in my art history class, I got really inspired today. Like...really. Jan, this is mainly for you, but Shirin Neshat's work is beautiful. I really was inspired by it today. Not only does she do these photographs, but she also makes video, so of course I was attracted to her work. It made me think that maybe this is the kind of thing we should do if we can get our Christmas photo's hung up. Like, maybe we have on each picture, text that's done by hand ontop of the photo's. I was thinking, depending on what pictures we use, that say on one with Keenan in it, we have her describe the feeling of what Mary was feeling at that moment when the picture was taken. Very abstract, not literal, but makes the viewer really think about it. So, keenan could either write it herself, or I could, but it would be the same looking handwriting for each character. How do you feel about that? And really, anyone else's opinion's are greatly appreciated!
3 comments:
LOVE IT! Love it love it love it.
Ok I like it, but no hindi and no shotguns. :)
I know this isn't exactly "christian" in nature, but when I saw the hands with writing on them, I thought of the scripture that says "I have engraved you on the palm of my hands".
Post a Comment