I never saw myself turning into a hard-hearted angry cynic. I feel like I'm just turning into someone I hate. I think when you start out being too nice and too forgiving and try to please people a little too much and let the world walk all over you, it's hard to eventually find a balance without just becoming the bitter opposite. Props to you if you have. I haven't found that balance yet.
2 comments:
We are in the same place. I've really grown to dislike the human race. Especially working in the food industry. It's only solidified my cynical view points.
But God punched me in the face a couple times and has reminded me that He died for them whether I like it or not. Needless to say, I'm getting a stomach ache from eating too much humble pie. Though I don't know that it's possible to over-indulge said pastry.
I miss you. <3
I think the food industry did wonders for my outlook on people. Probably not in the best way either. I'm so grateful that I work with really wonderful people, who might not love Jesus yet, but they genuinely care about you. It's a lovely change of pace.
It's interesting, I usually have more problems with Christians than I do non-believers. It's actually really not that interesting, it makes a lot of sense.
Post a Comment